|Date Posted: ||03/28/2013|
|Job Title:||Manager, Commercial Equipment|
|Type of Position:||Permanent Full Time|
|Company:||CEDA International Corporation|
|The Manager, Commercial Equipment will report to the Director, Enterprise Asset Management and is responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership to the business for the management of all company commercial equipment. Equipment will include but not be limited to all commercial vehicles and trailers as well as other general and specialized equipment (e.g. dredges, pumping equipment, etc.) across CEDA International Corporation and the CEDA Group of Companies. |
|Key Duties and Responsibilities:|
· Establish CEDA’s Corporate Commercial Equipment department working through the CEDA Group of Companies to ensure an effective network to meet CEDA’s asset management strategy.
· Develop CEDA’s commercial equipment acquisition process including identification of specifications and compliance to CEDA International Corporation governance policies.
· Manage preventative maintenance programs as required and oversee the decommissioning / disposal of commercial equipment.
· Work with the CEDA Group of Companies to ensure appropriate records for financial reporting and required certifications are maintained (Department of Transportation, etc).
· Create Key Performance Indicators to measure effectiveness and efficiencies of the Commercial Equipment team and the services provided.
· Lead, mentor, coach and develop direct and indirect employees responsible for Fixed Assets and Equipment, by providing clear direction, guidance and support, in coordination with the overall strategy and objectives:
- instill a sense of professionalism and excellence within the team;
- leverage systems, procedures and controls and reinforce consistent practices;
- promote and enforce exceptional customer service and foster a culture of continuous improvement;
- develop a talent pool within the team for CEDA’s current and future success.
· Review, design, update and implement standard guidelines, practices and processes and monitor compliance.
· Consult with external sources, colleagues and functional area experts to determine best practices and apply them in a cost effective manner.
· Resolve issues and problems by determining the root cause and taking pro-active steps to prevent future occurrences.
· Review asset accounts for accuracy and reconcile the balance sheet on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
· Support the Capital Asset Spending Committee including the tracking and receipt of all Authority for Expenditure (AFE) requests.
· Build and manage third party vendor relationships; ensure Corporate Subcontractor policies are followed and RFI/RFP/RFQ submissions are completed on a regular basis per Corporate Governance requirements.
· Create, maintain and manage the annual department budget including third party service providers.
|Minimum Qualifications: |
· Minimum of a college diploma or equivalent courses and experience. Heavy equipment technical training would be an asset, which may include a heavy-duty Mechanic’s license.
· Minimum of eight (8) years related experience.
· Prior experience in a relevant leadership role with strong people management skills.
· In-depth knowledge of commercial equipment and diverse business applications, with particular emphasis on heavy vehicles.
· Proven time management skills, multi-tasking and the ability to successfully handling multiple projects with constantly changing priorities.
· Strong computer knowledge - preferably in AX Dynamics and the Microsoft Suite of Products.
· Exemplary analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to determine the root cause and prevent future occurrences; Ability to manage critical / emergency situations.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· You possess strong leadership skills with the ability to positively influence others.
· You are a strategic thinker who understands the long term and short term implications and are able to put plans into action and successfully achieve goals and targets.
· You have strong technical knowledge and experience related to commercial equipment.
· You are a strong team player who is comfortable taking the lead and collaborating with a variety of multi-disciplinary teams.
· You have the ability to manage your time effectively, enabling you to achieve tight timelines
· You possess an uncompromising commitment to health and safety
|CEDA offers competitive wages and above average pension and benefit packages . We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.|
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates where available. Incomplete applications will not be considered and only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Our People Make it Happen!
|Contact Info:||Jenine Asquin-Reed|
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.