Hydrovac Operators (Rotational)
Type of Position:
CEDA International Corporation
Fort McMurray, AB
CEDA is currently seeking self-motivated, responsible Hydrovac Operators for its pressure and vacuum operations in the Fort McMurray region.
The successful candidates will be responsible for operating and maintaining hydrovacs and various specialty tools and must possess an uncompromising commitment to health and safety, a strong mechanical aptitude and work related experience. This hourly position will report directly to the Site Supervisor.
**This is a rotational position with a work schedule of 10 days on followed by 10 days off. Accommodations will provided as well as flights only to Fort Chipewyan, Calgary and Edmonton within Alberta.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain Hydrovacs and various specialty tools
- Prepare truck for travel
- Provide quality services to our clients
- Complete required paperwork for projects and jobs
- Complete minor maintenance and checks on company vehicles
- Complete field level hazard assessments
- Utilize the required Personal Protective Equipment as per Company and Site requirements
- Provide guidance and direction to Labourers as required
- Strictly observe and enforce all safety requirements
- Class one (1) or three (3) driver's license
- 1 to 2 years experience operating Hydrovacs
- Provide a clean driver’s abstract (no more than 4 demerits)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to Health and Safety
- Able to work in confined spaces (vessels and/or trenches)
- Able to wear respiratory equipment and air supply including full face mask while carrying your source
of oxygen and using supplied air
- Able to work at heights in excess of thee (3) meters requiring the use of special fall protection
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Able to provide a negative pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Produce a reasonable criminal record check
- Valid CSTS and H2S Alive ticket
CEDA offers competitive wages and above average pension and benefit packages . We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates where available. Incomplete applications will not be considered and only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Our People Make it Happen!
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.