|Date Posted: ||06/26/2013|
|Job Title:||Manager, Health, Safety and Environment|
|Type of Position:||Permanent Full Time|
|Company:||CEDA International Corporation|
As a Health and Safety Manager, you are acting as a resource for management groups across the company. You are responsible for developing, implementing, and promoting loss prevention strategies. Based out of our Edmonton location, this salaried position will report directly to the Director of HSE. Flexibility in scheduling and ability to travel regularly is required.
|Key Duties and Responsibilities:|
· Managing a team of up to 10 HSE Advisors
· Collaborating with management on all Health, Safety and Environment issues
· Providing leadership, strategic direction and vision for future growth and development by ensuring employees are informed, aligned and accountable
· Coordinating manpower for projects
· Ensuring adherence to all company health, safety and environmental standards, policies and procedures while maintaining on-going knowledge of local, provincial, state and federal guidelines
· Communicating legislative changes to Health & Safety Advisors, Managers and employees, ensuring full compliance within your scope
· Presenting at toolbox talks, manager’s meetings, and safety meetings
· Participating in key industry stake holder group meetings
· Coordinate Business Unit HSE Committee participation
· Participate in Corporate Strategy and planning initiatives
Education & Training
· Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) certificate
· National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) status
· Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation or Certified Safety Professional designation (CSP)
· Business or Technical degree or an equivalent combination of education, work experience, and training would be considered an asset
· Familiarity with the Oil & Gas Industry; preferably within Industrial Services & Maintenance is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· 7 to 10 years of experience in Health and Safety
· 3 to 5 years of experience in a diverse leadership role
· Versed in the MS Office Suite of products (Word, Excel)
· CSTS, OSSA, WHMIS, and Fall Protection are required to access work sites
· Strong presentation skills, with the ability to adapt the style based on the audience
· Proven ability to initiate action and drive team to success
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills allow you to clearly and concisely present information to clients, peers and field personnel
· Strong time management and organization skills allow you to meet multiple deadlines
· Your strong negotiation skills and ability to influence others allow you to gain commitment
· Travel throughout North America may be required.
· Required to frequently visit various industrial plant sites throughout Canada
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
CEDA offers competitive wages and above average pension and benefit packages . We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates where available. Incomplete applications will not be considered and only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Our People Make it Happen!
|Contact Info:||Megan Melle|
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.