|Date Posted: ||05/29/2013|
|Job Title:||Health, Safety and Environment Trainer|
|Type of Position:||Permanent Full Time|
|Company:||CEDA International Corporation|
This role ensures that HSE training and technical competency training is offered and delivered to all employees within CEDA International Corporation to maintain compliance to safety practices and operational standards. The position acts as a resource to leaders and field staff on HSE matters.
|Key Duties and Responsibilities:|
The Trainer functions as part of a multidisciplinary team environment and as such supports all functions of the department. This role must ensure clear, consistent communication with all members of the Learning and Development team and receives moderate supervision. The Trainer must deliver and source training within annual budget parameters.
New Hire Orientation:
- Setup/facilitate new hire orientation(s) to individuals hired to work for CEDA on a temporary, permanent or contractor basis:
- Prepare course materials, training facility and training aids in advance,
- Ensure the accurate and on-time delivery of CEDA orientation(s) using digital presentations, physical demonstrations and group lead activities,
- Gather and enter training data to in-house Learning Management System including previous safety certifications,
- Continuous improvement of course content – timely revisions, relevant working examples etc.
- Facilitate health and safety courses (where certified to do so) such as Fall Protection, Confined Space, FLHA and H2S Alive
- Perform hands-on equipment training such as Forklift, Overhead Crane and Elevated Work Platform
- Perform hands-on equipment training for specialty tools and equipment
- Contract with third party orientation/training programs as required
- Maintain/update HSE requirements for training
- Revise existing non-OSSA programs to align with OSSA standards (Fall Protection, Elevated Work Platform)
- Revise and ensure continuous improvement of core training materials student manuals, instructor manuals and PowerPoint presentations
- Create interactive learning experiences within existing courses and when developing new curriculum – step outside the box
- Training resource for field staff and leadership
- Provide internal consulting to CEDA employees on training matters as they relate to HSE requirements
- Providing course after-care with students through consistent follow-up, ongoing auditing of programs and dedicated mentorship
Training Data Management:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date instructor files
- Ensure employee attendance records are accurate and retained for future reference
- Assist other members of the team with regards to training data management as outlined above as required
- 2+ Years HSE training experience in a classroom environment
- 3+ Years of HSE Industry experience with NCSO, and/or OH&S certification completed or underway (an asset)
- Certified (or qualified to be certified) to deliver safety courses such as Fall Protection, WHIMS and TDG, Confined Space, H2S Alive and First Aid
- Clear understanding of safe work practices
- Strong computer proficiency – Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Working field experience in a similar or related industrial environment considered an asset
- Ability to work in a fast pace team environment
- Demonstrates a clear passion for teaching
- Champions all aspects of Safety and contributes to the strong CEDA safety culture
In addition to the minimum qualifications below, the ideal candidate will have/be:
- Completed adult education/Instructional techniques training
- Engages participants by providing stimulating and relevant examples and experiences during training – encourages participants to do same
- Working knowledge of OSSA standards and policies
- Experienced in full-cycle curriculum design
- Works well under pressure, flexible, creative and enthusiastic
Certified to deliver three or more of the following key safety courses:
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Elevated Work Platform
- Overhead Crane
- H2S Alive
- First Aid
- WHMIS and TDG
CEDA offers competitive wages and above average pension and benefit packages . We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates where available. Incomplete applications will not be considered and only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Our People Make it Happen!
|Contact Info:||Megan Melle|
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.