|Date Posted: ||07/15/2013|
|Job Title:||Junior Purchaser|
|Type of Position:||Permanent Full Time|
Reporting to the Manager of Procurement, the Jr. Buyer works with both suppliers and internal customers to determine needs, customer specifications and looks for alternative solutions in purchasing goods and services.
|Key Duties and Responsibilities:|
· Coordinate the purchasing function for RSL Mechanical and Casca.
· Sources products and services in the market place and researches impacts on the market
· Provides advice/guidance to customers on company’s purchasing policies, procedure and process
· Identifying the necessary actions to prevent occurrence or reoccurrence of nonconformities.
· Monitoring activities and reporting as required to the Procurement Manager on corrective actions, preventive actions and continual improvement opportunities.
· Knowledge of all BOMS and REQS and their uses.
· Ensuring received goods match purchase order.
· Filing of the received goods and shipping documents.
· Provide excellent communication and customer service with internal and external customers.
· Establish delivery schedules monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve issues.
· Advise departments and business units of lead time required to obtain products or services.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 1 - 2 years of purchasing experience
· Completed or working towards a business degree, diploma or designation with a discipline focus in purchasing or supply chain management.
· PMAC courses or designation an asset.
Knowledge/Skill and Abilities
· Company policies, standards, codes of practice, equipment, materials and job functions.
· Pertinent Federal, Provincial, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
· Oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to manage stress.
· Knowledge and use of Microsoft word and excel programs.
· Knowledge and use of computer based shipping programs.
· Knowledge of customs paperwork.
· Organizational and analytical skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Problem solving abilities.
· Knowledge of AX would be an asset.
· Function in a team environment.
· Maintain open communication with all levels of the organization.
· To effectively ensure that the requirements of the QMS are met.
· Adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals.
CEDA offers competitive wages and above average pension and benefit packages . We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates where available. Incomplete applications will not be considered and only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Our People Make it Happen!
|Contact Info:||Laura Harder|
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.