|Date Posted: ||07/22/2013|
|Job Title:||Document Control Specialist|
|Type of Position:||Permanent Full Time|
|Company:||CEDA Environmental Fluid Solutions L.P.|
CEDA's dredging services fleet of modern and versatile equipment is designed to enhance removal and transfer of liquid or solid sludge as well as highly compacted underwater materials.
Reporting to the Project Engineer, you will provide document control support for the design and construction of industrial size dredges. The incumbent will compile and maintain control records and related files to release drawings and engineering documents to the Project Manager, QA/QC Site Lead and other operating departments. Confer with document originators or engineering liaison personnel to resolve discrepancies and compiles required changes to documents. Posts changes to the Project Manager and QA/QC Site Lead, releases documents and notifies affected departments. Based out of our south east Edmonton shop office, you will be key member of the Project Division team.
|Key Duties and Responsibilities:|
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Document Control, as all drawings and documents need to be properly managed for approval and ease of retrieval
- In collaboration with the Project Engineer, you help coordinate resources and track expenditures to ensure projects remain on budget
- Assisting with the preparation of engineering drawings
- Assisting with managing manufacturing projects, ensuring that they are on schedule and according to the project standards
- Cooperate with all internal and external audits and provide progress reports as appropriate
- Ensuring all work meets customer requirements; is in compliance with all safety, QA/AC standards, and company procedures
- Build strong working relationships with peers, management and customers
- Cross training with the other Project Assistants
- 2 years experience working in a heavy equipment construction or manufacturing industry.
- Incumbent should have previous experience within document control. Prior knowledge of engineering data and information management.
- Previous experience with Quality System documentation.
-Refined written and verbal communication skills.
-Strong computer skills and knowledge of required software. MS Office and Acrobat.
-The incumbent must be able to work with minimum supervision.
-Strong orientation towards attention to detail is a must.
- Must have solid organizational and process improvement skills.
- Previous document control and quality assurance/quality control experience is required.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and work in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Demonstrate strong analytical problem solving and organizational skills.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills to manage & prioritize multiple projects.
- You thrive on new technical challenges and are seeking to develop your leadership skills.
- Your open style allows you to effectively communicate at all levels throughout the organization
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and skills.
- Your team approach to work allows you to positively influence outcomes while supporting the goals of the business.
- You demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to health and safety.
CEDA offers competitive wages and above average pension and benefit packages . We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates where available. Incomplete applications will not be considered and only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Our People Make it Happen!
|Contact Info:||Megan Melle|
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.