|Date Posted: ||04/17/2013|
|Job Title:||Communications Specialist|
|Type of Position:||Permanent Full Time|
|Company:||CEDA International Corporation|
|Reporting to the CIO, the Communications Specialist will play a key role in creating effective communication programs to support overall business strategies for CEDA International. The Communications Specialist will work closely with all areas of the organization to ensure effective communications and content are delivered throughout the organization. |
|Key Duties and Responsibilities:|
|- Developing and coordinating the implementation of communication strategies and plans to support business goals|
- Providing strategic communication counsel and advice to CEDA Management on a wide variety of topics and issues
- Creating communication standards and templates to ensure consistency across the organization
- Works collaboratively with the Manager, Marketing to ensure consistency across internal and external communications and messages
- Working to establish a positive and consistent message across all internal communication tools and stakeholders
- Acting as the owner of the corporate intranet oneCEDA and working closely with IT on the overall management of the corporate intranet oneCEDA
- Ensuring good intranet governance is defined and monitored
- Coordinating with content creators from departments, service lines, markets teams to ensure content delivery
- Assess competing sites as regards to content, look and feel, and functionality and make improvement recommendation to the overall sites.
- Ensure the layout; positioning, navigation and look and feel of content are consistent across and throughout the organization.
- Ensure common and consistent web site architectural structure are being used and enforced
- Working as a member of the Corporate Services team to enhance the services and support of CEDA.
- Minimum 5 years experience in corporate or consulting communication environment
- Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing internal communications strategy
- Post Secondary education in Communications, Digital Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations
- You possess strong customer focus and ability to handle multiple priorities on a tight timeline
- You demonstrate knowledge and experience in communication principles and best practices
- Your previous experience in developing and implementing internal/external communication programs is an asset
- You possess strong interpersonal skills and you are able to communicate effectively with all members of the organization
Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong understanding of communications, social media, and customer service principles and best practices.
- Experience with computer graphic and multimedia design.
- Comprehensive experience with all aspects of Web site content management.
- Experience in gathering, analyzing, and meeting business requirements.
- Understanding of basic project management principles.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with different social media channels including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.
- Awareness of Social Media Management Platforms such as TweetDeck, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Radian6 and other social media platforms.
- Understanding of methodologies and meta-data structures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
|CEDA offers competitive wages and above average pension and benefit packages . We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.|
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates where available. Incomplete applications will not be considered and only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Our People Make it Happen!
|Contact Info:||Jenine Asquin-Reed|
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.