|Date Posted: ||01/07/2013|
|Job Title:||Business Analyst- FMM|
|Type of Position:||Permanent Full Time|
|Company:||CEDA International Corporation|
|Location:||Fort McMurray, AB|
|Based out of our Fort McMurray office and reporting to the Regional Accounting Manager, the BusinessAnalyst plays a key role in the organization’s finance activities, including analysis of operating results and various financial information to assist in making value added business decisions.|
|Key Duties and Responsibilities:|
|- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close including proper cut-off, reconciliations, and project costing,|
- Ensures the timely preparation, analysis and reporting of all monthly financial information such as variance analysis, forecasting, KPIs, project reporting, execution of data and other duties as required,
- Assists with annual budget planning and iteration process,
- Reviews departmental accounting data, identifies and corrects errors, identifies and prepares accruals, procedures.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training division employees in compliance with the organizations policies, practices and procedures and assisting in the planning, assigning, directing of work, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Become thoroughly familiar with the financial reporting and general ledger structure,
- Assist the Regional Accounting Manager in the daily/weekly/monthly/annual ad hoc requirements, business concepts (Revenue, Cost of Sales, Gross Margin and Overhead) and basic financial information (KPI calculations, breakeven analysis)
- Able to effectively communicate to Operational Management and Personnel, complex financial constructs in straight forward language.
|- University or Technical degree in Accounting or Finance|
- Attained or working towards CMA/CGA designation required,
- 4+ years of related work experience,
- Familiar with ERP systems
- Ability to use analysis to resolve complex accounting issues,
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong change-management skills,
- Ability to work in fast-paced and sometimes stressful situations,
- Willingness to manage and lead staff to excellent performance,
- Training skills
- Deadline oriented- deadline driven
- Willingness to travel if required
- Residence in the Fort McMurray area is required
|CEDA offers competitive wages and above average pension and benefit packages. We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.|
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates where available. Incomplete applications will not be considered and only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Our People Make it Happen!
|Contact Info:||Krystal Varoney|
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.