|Date Posted: ||03/28/2013|
|Job Title:||Vice President, CEDA Specialty Field Services|
|Type of Position:||Permanent Full Time|
|Company:||CEDA International Corporation|
|Location:||Sherwood Park, AB|
The Vice President, CEDA Specialty Field Services (CSFS) is responsible for ensuring the effective leadership and management of the organization, including the assurance of strategically and financially-aligned operations, qualified employees, serviceable equipment, sufficient infrastructure and other supporting elements are in place to ensure a sustainable business.
The VP ensures that the organization is well positioned in a rapidly evolving and competitive unionized environment by being an agent for ongoing organizational change while managing and fostering key relationships internally, with the client and with the union(s). The position ensures that strategies are clearly understood by all stakeholders and that the organization achieving its strategic goals at the optimum pace. In conjunction with the Chief Operations Officer, this position identifies and leads new business development opportunities. Also ensures highly productive relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the organization.
This position acts as a representative and ambassador to promote positive relationships and strong partnerships for the benefit of the organization.
|Key Duties and Responsibilities:|
As the senior leader of CSFS, VP CSFS demonstrates superb leadership, governance and resource stewardship, ensuring credible, responsive and financially-beneficial operations are conducted. He/she works intimately with his/her subordinate Directors and Managers, ensuring high moral & high retention.
Works with executive team to develop long-term goals, policies and strategies to ensure successful operations. Considers and analyses the implications of proposed actions and decisions by individual areas on the whole of the organization.
Supporting the synergistic development of other CEDA entities, the VP assists other leaders both directly and indirectly by putting them in contact with others who share their passions and from whom they can learn and by helping them to understand the support that organizational change initiatives need from them.
Key stakeholder in internal negations and CBA strategy and delivery, while ensuring both CEDA and supporting unions work together towards common goals.
As a senior staff leader the VP, CSFS is accountable for the overall Service Lines’ performance. The VP participates in and nurtures broad networks of alliances with others to exchange knowledge and information about learning and change in support of change initiatives. The resultant end-state would see an in increase to market share, both through organic and inorganic strategies.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leadership & Change Management
· Systematically cultivates and maintains long-term, collaborative relationship with key stakeholders, clients, supporting Union affiliations, and selected organizations to achieve mutual goals.
· Keeps up to date on issues affecting the applicable sectors and develops strategies to address these issues.
· Actively seeks out opportunities for investment, revenue generation and strategic partnerships.
· Acts as a CEDA representative in relation to all related Collective Bargaining Agreements, and negotiations.
Operational Planning & Project Management
· Defines the 5-year and 1-year business plan to achieve CEDA’s assigned targets, in terms of growth, revenue, gross margin, EBITDA, and other related performance measures.
· Ensures the effective use of Program Management and Project Management principles through the Service Lines.
· Facilitates the development, maintenance and monitoring of organizational plans.
· Responsible for preparing the organization for ongoing change.
· Ensures clarity, understanding and commitment from all stakeholders.
· Responsible for the development and management of integrated, strategy aligned departmental work plans.
· Responsible for the development of annual revenue targets.
· Responsible for the development and management of the annual operating and capital budgets.
· Responsible for the identification of new business development opportunities.
· Directs and is responsible for all aspects of the Service Lines’ financial performance, specifically in the areas of resource management and financial management. This includes divisional financial performance, effective resource management plans, equipment and infrastructure recapitalization, repair and acquisition.
· Possesses significant experience in mechanical or related commercial bid submissions, and possesses a keen understanding on the strategies used within typical commercial contract agreements and various pricing strategies (Time & Material, Fixed Price, Cost Incentive, etc).
· Responsible for supporting the President/Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and other senior directors in all aspects of management specifically through strategic and operational planning guidance and by ensuring that required infrastructure and support services are in place.
· University degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
· Labour relations management courses combined with subsequent continued learning related to Labour Relations.
· Certification as P.Eng, P. Log, PMP and/or CET is an asset.
· Individual must possess a minimum of 10 years combined leadership experience overseeing related mechanical operations or related setting; including 5 years in a senior management role or appointment.
· Direct management experience with large-scale and complex initiatives, involving significant dollar amounts and implications, a large staff, and involving diverse stakeholder groups.
· 5 years direct management experience in a unionized environment.
· The ability to lead and motivate groups and individuals.
· Able to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
· Able to overcome obstacles to cooperation and to foster harmonious relations.
· Strong project management skills. Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
· Proven leadership and consensus building skills. Solid and broad understanding of all aspects of fiscal management and information technology. Proven negotiation and mediation skills.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
Other Personal Characteristics
· A strong reputation for honesty and uncompromising integrity;
· Known as honest, ethical and open;
· Strong work ethic with high desire to succeed;
· Highly professional with strong written and oral communication skills;
· Willingness to travel as necessary; and
· Demonstrated skills as a complex problem solver.
|CEDA offers competitive wages and above average pension and benefit packages . We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.|
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates where available. Incomplete applications will not be considered and only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Our People Make it Happen!
|Contact Info:||Jenine Asquin-Reed|
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.