|Date Posted: ||05/24/2013|
|Job Title:||Project Accountant|
|Type of Position:||Permanent Full Time|
The Project Accountant will be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services to the Director of Operations for CEDA’s Bonnyville location. The successful incumbent will overlook all accounting departments to ensure each division runs smoothly and efficiently. This position will also be responsible for maintaining accounting records and financials in submission to CEDA’s Head Office.
|Key Duties and Responsibilities:|
- Provide support and administrative assistance as required to the Director of Operations;
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: document creation, photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing;
- Processing expenses, invoices and any quotes as well as PO’s;
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office;
- Answer telephones and greet incoming visitors in a professional and courteous manner;
- Assist with the management of location personnel;
- Manage the overall office environment including IT requests, and provide backup support of administrative team as required;
- Procuring and organizing office supplies, as well as various promotional items;
- Receive, forward and process telephone and/or electronic inquiries;
- Oversee all accounts payable/receivables within Bonnyville location;
- Provide assistance and back up-support to purchasing and payroll departments;
- Carry out various month-end and year-end procedures as required;
- Responsible for facilitation, maintenance, and processing of work tickets;
- Provide back up support to job costing where needed;
- Keep track of various equipment and vehicle rentals and registrations;
- Various cash management duties as required;
- Business diploma or university degree with a major in accounting would be considered an asset;
- CGA/CMA designation or current enrollment in the program would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience with Timberline Accounting Software considered an asset
- At least 3 years related experience in an accounting position within the construction industry;
- Knowledge of basic accounting principals;
- Experience with Microsoft office products, Lotus Notes, SUN Microsystems, and Microsoft Dynamics AX would be an asset, but not required;
- ERP experience would be considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Team player with ability to multitask;
- Excellent internal/external positive customer skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to prioritize and balance work load;
- Exceptional attention to deal abilities;
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
CEDA offers competitive wages and above average pension and benefit packages . We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates where available. Incomplete applications will not be considered and only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Our People Make it Happen!
|Contact Info:||Megan Melle|
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.