|Date Posted: ||03/18/2013|
|Job Title:||Warehouse Supervisor, CMS- FMM|
|Type of Position:||Permanent Full Time|
|Company:||CEDA International Corporation|
|Location:||Fort McMurray, AB|
The Warehouse Supervisor will be responsible for leading the Fort McMurray warehouse and tool cribs hourly staff to ensure safe and efficient receiving, storage and issuing of material and ensure exceptional service is provided to internal clients across the organization. Based out of our Fort McMurray operations, this hourly position will report directly to our Manager, Corporate Inventory & Procurement. There are advancement opportunities within the CEDA group of companies for those who demonstrate ambition and excellence.
|Key Duties and Responsibilities:|
|CMS Warehouse Responsibilities – Fort McMurray:|
· Train, coach, mentor and motivate direct reports and team members to increase overall
operational effectiveness. Conduct semi-annual performance management review;.
· Manage direct reports and the volume of work in order to provide cost effective use of resources
and maximizing value to customers;
· Conduct monthly safety meetings and daily toolbox meetings with direct reports;
· Inventory integrity is maintained; all inventory movements/transfers/receiving/issuing are
conducted accurately and in ‘real time’ within the IMS system (Microsoft Dynamics AX);
· Assist internal customers with procuring special order products as requested by internal clients
following purchasing procedures;
· Process all inventory replenishment requisitions on a timely basis to ensure adequate stock is
on hand. Preparing month end utilization reports for internal customers;
· Responsible for performing and/or monitoring unloading and loading trucks, verifying the
receipt of inventory to confirm accurate inventory and approval of inbound shipments;
· Report all discrepancies for shipments, supplier credits and returns;
· Warehouse is organized effectively to enable efficient customer service and maximize space
utilization. Recommend improvements to management;
· Prepare and/or monitor the preparation of all appropriate shipping documentation, custom/duty
paperwork for US shipments;
· Obtain packing slips and match to purchase orders to process shipments and distribute
· Maintain inventory accuracy via established inventory management processes, cycle counts and
· Ensure material is not issued without prior approval.
· Assist with Year-End inventory as required.
· Ensure warehouse is clean and organized, including ensuring all inventory items have part
numbers and these numbers are clearly marked on the shelf, bin or location;
· Ensure all company policies, procedures and work practices are adhered to.
· Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic
plans and reviews; implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards;
resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
· Meets warehouse financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring
expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
· Coordinating inventory transfers with related departments
· Coordinates pickup and delivery of material and equipment from suppliers to customers when
· Ensures warehouse and tool cribs are secured and accessed only by authorized personnel
· Keeps warehouse equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions and daily
inspections; requesting repairs as necessary.
· 5+ years of warehousing or inventory supervisory experience.
· Minimum of High school diploma or equivalent.
· APICS, CPP, and/or Certificate in Warehousing is an asset.
· Computer literacy in Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic AX or equivalent is an asset.
· Knowledge of incoming product knowledge is an asset.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Sound knowledge of warehousing procedure.
· High level communication skills coupled with a strong customer service focus .
· A demonstrated ability in multi-tasking, prioritization, decision making, analytical and problem
· Physical ability to complete the task associated with the position.
- Your ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and stakeholders enables you to
demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- You have the ability to deliver on short timelines and are able to remain productive in stressful
· You are proactive and resourceful in supporting your customers.
· You have excellent oral and written communication skills, including the preparation of reports
and instructions, and communicate always in a professional and effective manner.
|CEDA offers competitive wages and above average pension and benefit packages . We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.|
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates where available. Incomplete applications will not be considered and only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Our People Make it Happen!
|Contact Info:||Krystal Varoney|
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.