|Date Posted: ||05/17/2013|
|Job Title:||Health, Safety & Environment Advisor - FMM|
|Type of Position:||Permanent Full Time|
|Company:||CEDA International Corporation|
|Location:||Fort McMurray, AB|
CEDA International is currently seeking Health, Safety and Environmental Advisors in the Fort McMurray area. The HSE Advisor will provide support to the Management and Operations groups with respect to Health, Safety and Environmental issues and will be responsible for administrative and field duties related to the position. These positions will participate in promoting the awareness and acceptance of management system concepts and generating HSE management system resource materials.
|Key Duties and Responsibilities:|
- Help maintain due diligence and organized document control of safety program by maintaining a
system of recording, reporting & investigating incidents, lagging & leading indicators, drug and Alcohol
- Records, training records and driver files.
- Safety program database management.
- Research and assist with special projects related to safety.
- Analysis and participation in the preparation and distribution of all weekly, monthly and quarterly report statistics.
- Provide statistical summaries to the HSE Department and draw attention to significant trends and occurrences.
- Coordinate & conduct safety training and education programs, demonstrating the use of safety equipment.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment and practices, to ensure compliance with company safety standards and government legislation.
- Ensure the highest possible degree of safety for all employees and regards to facilities & assets.
- Participate with the Corporate HSE team in receiving and investigating all reports of incidents, near misses & illnesses. Determining causes and making recommendations for improving prevention and controls.
- Carry out hazard assessments of work functions and assisting with the implementation of hazard controls.
- Perform construction safety audits to ensure compliance with Alberta construction legislation, client and company HSE requirements.
- Coordinate yearly fire extinguisher and fire alarm maintenance.
- Coordinate Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment, Pre-Access and Post Incident tests as well as other miscellaneous medical monitoring requirements.
- Conduct field safety audits and inspections and attend client meetings.
Skills / Experience Attributes:
- Strong computer skills with multiple software applications
- Exposure to HSE and HR related issues
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize / handle multiple
- Experience with ISNetworld, Canqual and the prequalification process
- Excellent, articulate verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Able to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Act as a liaison to form positive relationships with all levels of team members and management.
- Demonstrated commitment to position and tasks
- Ability to work as part of a small team within a larger organization
- Ability to respond positively to change and maintain flexibility
- Understanding of, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for working with a varied client group with an understanding and awareness of the diverse culture of the organization
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive demeanor
- High school diploma
- Relevant experience in a professional environment
- ACSA NCSO designation required
- Completion of Occupational Health and Safety Certificate or Equivalent
- CRSP/CSP or eligibility confirmed
- Possess a class five license
- Pre-Employment Drug&Alcohol test is required
CEDA offers competitive wages, above average pension and benefit packages that include an RRSP program. We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application as directed on the website. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
|Contact Info:||Renee Rust|
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.