|Date Posted: ||07/20/2012|
|Job Title:||Vessel Entry Technician - Edmonton, Alberta|
|Type of Position:||Contract|
These are temporary contract roles expected to last 90 days beginning in August 2012 and working in the province of Alberta, Canada. The Vessel Entry Technicians are responsible for completing catalyst changeouts and repairing process equipment while working in confined spaces. This hourly position will report directly to the Regional Manager. There are advancement opportunities within the CEDA group of companies for those who demonstrate ambition and excellence.
|Key Duties and Responsibilities:|
- Completing labour work under respirator and in helmet under inert atmospheres
- Entering vessels to complete catalyst changeout services
- Removing and repairing vessel internals such as trays and screen
- Providing quality services to our clients
- Flexibility in scheduling is required
- Ability to travel regularly throughout Canada and the United States, approximately 40% of our work is out of town
- Class 5 license
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Able to complete a pulmonary function test
- Able to provide a negative pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Produce a clean and current driver’s abstract
- Produce a clean criminal record check
- Mechanically inclined
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Your prior experience and training is an asset
- You have the ability to manage work and adapt to changing work environments
- You are self motivated and seek opportunities for personal development
- You are committed to Health and Safety
Conditions of Work:
- Able to work at heights above 3 meters that may require the use of special fall restraint equipment
- Able to work in confined spaces such as a reactor, small vessel or trench
- Comfortable with the use of additional respiratory equipment and air supply; wearing a full face mask and carrying your source of oxygen and using supplied air
- Able to function without glasses while using the supplied air apparatus
Hourly Rate: 23.49
CEDA offers competitive wages, above average pension and benefit packages that include an RRSP program. We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application as directed on the website. Incomplete applications may not be considered for employment. If you are ready to "Turn Around" your career, we look forward to hearing from you.
|Contact Info:||Mark Rogers|
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.