|Date Posted: ||03/28/2013|
|Job Title:||Health, Safety and Environment Summer Student|
|Type of Position:||Contract|
|Company:||CEDA International Corporation|
|The function of the HSE Summer Student is to assist and learn the HSE functions of all companies operating within the geography seek to maintain the highest levels of professional risk management and loss control performance through common goals, procedures and practices.|
The successful candidate will provide support to the internal customers and assist our HSE staff with leading HSE performance. You will join our team with a demonstrated commitment to "Target Zero" workplace injuries and focused leadership in HSE accountability, policy, and process. The base work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day with overtime as business demands.
|Key Duties and Responsibilities:|
|- Provision of risk management support to the required companies to achieve a common HSE program. |
- Provide leadership for implementing and maintaining HSE programs/systems throughout CEDA (Hazard ID, BBS, Site Reviews, Training etc.).
- Liaison with clients, third parties, HSE and other internal clients (e.g. Learning and Development, Business Development and other Companies within CEDA International) with the provision of presentations to increase awareness of progress on HSE matters.
- Participate and observe accident and incident investigations.
- Support the corporate HSE group in the maintenance and development of HSE Documentation.
- Developing trends of leading and lagging indicators
- Auditing and monitoring as required in accordance with CEDA’s and our customer expectations.
- Support site, shop and project safety meeting by providing relevant information for use during the meeting and actively participating throughout.
- Identify HSE coaching opportunities throughout the organization, offer yourself as a HSE mentor and actively participate in improving CEDA’s Culture.
- Direct Report to Director HSE, Canada
- Proficient in Microsoft basic suite of programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Operational field experience in upstream or downstream oil industry an asset.
- Strong leadership skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Organizational skills
- Your working knowledge of related legislation and the ability to interpret the regulations and laws is an asset
- Ability to work with limited supervision, in a team environment with great attention to detail
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
|CEDA offers competitive wages and above average pension and benefit packages . We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.|
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates where available. Incomplete applications will not be considered and only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Our People Make it Happen!
|Contact Info:||Jenine Asquin-Reed|
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.