|Date Posted: ||05/16/2013|
|Job Title:||Human Resources Business Partner- FMM|
|Type of Position:||Permanent Full Time|
|Company:||CEDA International Corporation|
|Location:||Fort McMurray, AB|
This position is responsible for providing front-line human resources support for employee matters in the Fort McMurray region. Accountable for providing strategic HR advice in the areas of employee and labour relations, policy interpretation, HR best practices, recruitment and selection, performance management, succession planning and career development, to Management and Employees.
*Residency in Fort McMurray region is a requirement for this role.
|Key Duties and Responsibilities:|
- Partners with managers in employee investigations
- Provides advice on employee terminations
- First point of contact for management and employee policy interpretation
- In conjunction with the HR leadership team, creates and implements HR policies
- Facilitates resolution of escalated policy and personnel issues
- Ensures practices and policies comply with all related legislations
- Coaches managers in appropriate people management best practices, i.e. performance management, coaching, discipline, reward & recognition and exit strategies.
- Partners with hiring managers to recruit and select personnel, with a focus on intermediate to manager level salary positions
- In conjunction with hiring managers, creates job descriptions
- Conducts interviews with hiring managers and provides recommendations
- Interprets compensation system and makes recommendations to hiring manager on pay, benefits, etc
- Extends and negotiates employment offers with candidates in partnership with hiring manager
HR Performance Excellence/Process Improvement
- Is a champion for HR process improvements, process mapping/documentation practices, standards and procedures.
- Actively networks and maintains and builds HR networking channels
- Identifies, partners and/or leads project work on HR initiatives
- Participates in cross-function projects as required
- Conducts program implementation (training and presentations) on various HR topics
- A degree or diploma with a focus in Human Resources
- Certified Human Resources Professional designation in final stage or attained
Knowledge/Skill and Abilities
- 3+ years human resources experience in an HR generalist capacity
- At least one year experience in Labour Relations is an asset
- HR experience within an industrial environment is an asset
- Sound human resources knowledge base
- Actively stays up-to-date with leading edge human resources practices at the local and national employment market level. Regularly enhances knowledge through training, networking and business reading. Shares knowledge and expertise with HR team and clients
- Strong knowledge of provincial and federal labour and employment laws
- Sound MS Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to act as a change agent and leader within the organization
- Strong ability to coach and/or council others
- Good negotiation skills and strong ability to influence and motivate action in others
- Well established organizational and time management skills
- Analytical ability, with a process improvement approach
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication
- Self-starter, takes initiative, and is client-service oriented
- Keen ability to pay attention to detail and understand existing and future impacts
- Ability to work within fast-paced, dynamic and changing priority environment
- Strong presentation skills to varied audiences
CEDA offers competitive wages, above average pension and benefit packages that include an RRSP program. We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application as directed on the website. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
|Contact Info:||Derek Renzini|
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.