|Date Posted: ||07/12/2013|
|Job Title:||Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic|
|Type of Position:||Permanent Full Time|
|Company:||CEDA Environmental Fluid Solutions L.P.|
CEDA Environmental Fluids Solutions L.P., a subsidiary of CEDA International Corporation, is currently seeking a professional and self-motivated Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting and inspecting equipment and replacing or repairing defective parts. You will also be involved in project work. This position will be based out of our Edmonton location. Flexibility in scheduling, shift work, travel and overtime will be required.
|Key Duties and Responsibilities:|
- Perform preventative maintenance with our pumping units and various specialty tools
- Contribute to the ongoing preventative maintenance of company equipment
- Complete inspections and maintenance on company equipment
- Assembling, installing, maintaining and repairing new and existing equipment
- Liaising with internal and external customers for resolution of data and technical problems
- Assisting in training, directing & supervision of junior employees and apprentices, inspecting and certifying their work
- Maintaining safe work practices
- Keeping detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Required to be on call on a regular basis
- Ability to travel and flexibility in scheduling is required
- Journeyman Interprovincial Red Seal Ticket
- Oil Field experience preferred
-Weight handling of up to 50 lbs
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience in dredge and pump systems
- Valid Class 5 license
- Produce a clean and current driver’s abstract
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to provide a negative pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Maintain accurate records of all service and repair work
As the Ideal Candidate, you will:
- Demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to health and safety
- Possess prior knowledge of repair and maintenance on John Deere, Cummins and CAT equipment
- Willing to work an on call schedule and adapt to changing work environments
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Have the ability to multitask
Familiarity with hydraulic and electrical systems and the ability to provide your own tools would be assets.
CEDA offers competitive wages, above average pension and benefit packages that include an RRSP program. We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are ready to 'Turn Around' your career and you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application as directed on the website. Please submit copies of academic qualifications and certificates. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
|Contact Info:||Megan Melle|
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.