|Date Posted: ||05/16/2013|
|Job Title:||Leak Seal Technician- FMM|
|Type of Position:||Permanent Full Time|
|Location:||Fort McMurray, AB|
CEDA Specialty Services provides our clients with a number of emergency services such as line freezing, hot tapping, leak sealing and repairs and corrosion protection. Your duties will vary based on the project and job site. Based out of our Fort McMurray operation, this hourly position will report directly to the Site Supervisor. There are advancement opportunities within the CEDA group of companies for those who demonstrate ambition and excellence.
|Key Duties and Responsibilities:|
- Provide quality services to our clients
- Lead line freezing, hot tapping, leak sealing and corrosion protection services
- Ability to work overtime, on call, weekends and holidays
- Flexible schedule and able to work day or night shifts, some travel may also be required
- Comfortable with heights, confined spaces and wearing supplied air
- Mechanically inclined
- Competent with small power and pneumatic tools
- Previous exposure to bolting and measuring with precise instruments are considered an asset
- Class 5 license
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Able to provide a negative pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Produce a clean and current driver’s abstract
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Your prior industrial/site experience is an asset
- You have the ability to manage work and adapt to changing work environments
- You are self motivated and seek opportunities for personal development
- Your prior experience with a related trade, millwright work, process operating or leak sealing is an asset
- Your ability to prioritize and initiate innovative solutions
- You are committed to Health and Safety
Conditions of Work:
- Able to work at heights above 3 meters that may require the use of special fall restraint equipment
- Able to work in confined spaces such as a reactor, small vessel or trench
- Comfortable with the use of additional respiratory equipment and air supply; wearing a full face mask and carrying your source of oxygen and using supplied air
CEDA offers competitive wages, above average pension and benefit packages that include an RRSP program. We provide training and opportunities for advancement. In addition, the CEDA group of companies are committed to maintaining a positive and safe work environment.
CEDA is always recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please fill out an on-line application as directed on the website. Incomplete applications may not be considered for employment. If you are ready to "Turn Around" your career, we look forward to hearing from you.
|Contact Info:||Renee Rust|
We thank all interested applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted for further screening.